Someone please tell me how it is nearly the end of September.
So, it was the end of my play then Labor Day then weekend getaway now roadtrip to WV then trip to Arizona and when I get back it will be OCTOBER, WHAT THE FUCK.
Early fall needs to slow its roll, because I am finding myself shocked at things like changing leaves and crisp morning temperatures and then I remember OH YEAH, it’s, like, fall and stuff.
Some things of note:
- Work is…interesting (not really the good kind), made all the more interesting (not really the good kind) by the fact that I have to travel to Arizona at the end of the month. I am not necessarily happy about this, but it should be…interesting (you know which kind).
- Speaking of work and not-really-good-ness, Friday will mark one whole calendar year since I was fired from my previous job. I shall celebrate by singing Happy Birthday to my healthy grudge, which has aged remarkably well.
- I have single-handedly consumed so many containers of this, I’m beginning to get concerned. But…it’s healthy, right? RIGHT?!
- I am trying rill-rill hard to make some changes in my life. It’s not easy. But I have great sources of motivation, and I shall keep trying.
- As mentioned above, I will be traveling to WV this weekend for the first time since June. Sadie and I will be going solo (Brad has to leave first thing Monday morning for a business trip & it would be cruel and unusual to subject him to the late Sunday night drive back to Pittsburgh), and I am not looking forward to the late night driving and the promise of family shenanigans. But seeing Sadie’s face light up at the promise of seeing her cousin and grandparents is enough to keep the trip on the calendar. Obligations are hard.
- I have three writing deadlines to meet before the end of the month. This is crazy. But exciting. People want me to write things! Creatively! Sometimes I even get paid!
- I recorded an episode of a friend’s podcast. If you’d like to hear me talk for way too long about parenting and princess culture and shit, you can do so here.
- That’s all I got. I miss blogging. I miss you. Thanks for still bothering to comment here. I really am thrilled to know you’re still reading.